In the face of uncertainty, I find it helpful to create tables that organize my thinking into a sort of "choose your own adventure" type format.
The following are some tables I have made that have allowed me to think about virtual, physical, and blended strategies that I will need to have ready.
SO... for those who are into planning... here is what I have so far:
- My plan for uncertainty: http://www.tinyurl.com/leahrosshenryculture
- I will continue to add to the folder linked above as the summer goes on.
- Here is a blog I wrote that was recently published in Edutopia! https://www.edutopia.org/article/fostering-strong-community-virtual-classroom
- I hope to do some more work for them and continue to be amazed at the quality of ideas that educators are putting out there in the blog world.
- My friend Jenny Pieratt has also prepared some great resources for taking PBL online: https://craftedcurriculum.com/category/e-learning/
Recently I discovered that all of the learners in the classroom will have to face forward, so I will be going back to the drawing board to think this one through soon too.
Don't despair, just navigate these times with as much grace and reach out to others for ideas and help!